Rivendell provides the classic elegance of a European heritage spanning more than a century, coupled with the vibrancy and spirit of a South African setting.
It delivers an ideal venue for intimate celebrations as well as a perfect stopover for tourist groups or travelers on their way to Hermanus or other nearby coastal towns.
We offer an a la carte menu changing every 3 months.
What makes us different is the Chef who serenades the guests, with Italian arias as well as some Dean Martin, as he brings the food.
Our guests can look forward to enjoying their meals whilst taking delight in the panoramic view of the surrounding vineyards and mountains. No other nearby farm restaurant offers a large outdoor lawn space as well as safe, illuminated parking. Our restaurant serves 100 guests inside and 40 guests outside.
- Picnic basket on the lawn besides a la carte menu
Sundays (with live music)
- Sunday 1: Spitbraai with 4 vegetables and 4 salads and 4 desserts. Set Price R275 per person
- Sunday 2: Set menu of 4 different meats (Chicken, lamb, fish, Beef) with 8 Vegetables and 8 Salads and 4 desserts. Price: R275 per person
- Sunday 3: Lunch in the vines. We set your table amidst the vineyards and provide a la carte menu
- Sunday 4: Do it yourself Barbeque. Bring and braai your own meat. We supply 4 vegetables, 2 salads and dessert for R125 per person.
Food tasting at the Tasting Room on Saturdays only
- Live music show once every 3 months.
- Dinner and dance one Saturday in the month where we have a DJ and a dance floor. We will use this event to raise funds for a local charity in the form of an auction Fancy Dress Ball once every 3 months.
- Birthday functions
- Wine Tasting with platters at the Tasting Room as well as at the Restaurant
- Train/ cart ride through and around the vines for kids
- Playroom with dress-up for kids
- Jungle Gym with swings for the kids
- Live sport coverage on a big screen
- Private courtyard for special functions